Stat Experts, Inc. (“our” or “we”) values and respects the privacy of its customers and visitors. The purpose of this Privacy and Security Statement is to provide you with information about how we collect, use, and share the information we collect from our customers and visitors. It also describes the choices you can make about our use of your information. Our collection efforts are designed to improve the shopping experience of our customers and to provide customers relevant information about our products, services, and promotions.
1. About This Policy
This Privacy and Security Statement describes the privacy practices of Stat Experts. It applies to our interactions with our customers and visitors, including, but not limited to:
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites
- Use of our applications for mobile phones, tablets or other smart devices
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
2. Information We Collect
2.2. Returns information
When you return a product or request a refund or exchange, we may collect information from you and ask you to provide your government issued ID. We use the information we collect from you and capture off of your government issued ID to help prevent fraud.
3. How Information Is Collected
3.1. We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- During website or survey registration
- In connection with an online purchase
- If you return a product or use a rebate
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our websites.
3.2. We may collect information from you passively.
3.3. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons.
4. How We Use Information
4.1. To respond to your questions and requests. Examples include:
- Fulfilling orders or providing services
- Registering you for a particular website, loyalty program, or extended warranty service or providing you with information regarding such programs or services
- Processing a return
- Responding to a product or service review
4.2. For internal record keeping.
4.6. For security purposes.
5. Information Sharing
5.1. With third parties who perform services on our behalf.
We share information with our service providers, such as our delivery service providers who ship and deliver your online orders. We might also authorize our service providers to collect information on our behalf. Some service providers may be located outside of the United States. We might also share information with the vendors and manufacturers of our products and services to respond to your reviews and questions.
6. Your Privacy Preferences
7. Our Sites And Children
Our websites and mobile applications are not created for children. To our knowledge we do not collect information online from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please email [email protected]. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC’s www.OnGuardOnline.gov.
8. Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
11. Links To Other Websites
12. More Questions?
If you have additional questions you can reach us by email at [email protected].
13. Changes To This Privacy And Security Statement
14. Our Tracking Techniques
14.1. Tracking Tools We Use
We collect personal and other information about users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. We use several common online tracking tools to collect this information. These may include browser and flash cookies. We may also use web beacons and similar technologies.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
14.2. Use of Tracking Tools
We use the Tracking Tools tools:
- To track new visitors to our websites.
- To identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- To recognize returning customers.
- To store your password if you are registered on our website.
- To provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on this website or on other websites. We may also get information about your browsing history from our trusted business partners and vendors.
- So we can better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors, and their respective interests.
14.3. Controlling Our Tracking Tools
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies.
If you configure your computer to block cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our websites. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.